Background and Experience
Megan is a writer and researcher who graduated from the University of Cape Town with a degree in Social Sciences, specializing in Psychology and Environmental Science. Her passion for knowledge and leaving a positive impact has fueled her current work in conscious and sustainable growth in Southern Africa. Megan’s love of nature has also led her to train as an animal behaviorist. She works part-time training and rehabilitating dogs. Megan is interested in the physical and psychological effects of colors in our environment on our mood and well-being. In addition, she is concerned with how art and creativity have been an integral part of human society.
Megan’s Role at acrylgiessen
Megan van Schoor has been writing blog posts on the topics of painting, drawing, and color theory for acrylgiessen since 2022.
- 2020 – 2023, Social Science degree majoring in psychology and Environmental science, at the University of Cape Town
- 2015 – 2016, Animal behaviorists specializing in the training and rehabilitation of dogs, cats and horses, Ethology Academy,
- 2 years of experience in writing about painting and crafting topics
- 2 years of experience in People Management and Communications
- 2 years experience as a pet food and pet care consultant
- 8 years of experience as a Self-employed Animal Behaviourist
- 3 years of experience as a Volunteer at Plumstead Animal Hospital
- 10 years of experience as a tutor for Mathematics
In the Media
- Bonding with your pet – in 5 ways!, Absolute Pets Magazine, March 2019
- Megan also creates content for other Faessler Media Ltd brands, namely artfilemagazine
Reader’s Favorites by Megan van Schoor
acrylgiessen is your creative magazine with many articles about painting, drawing, crafting and art in general. Learn more about us.