One of the most popular airbrushes on the market today is the Badger Patriot 105. We are going to have a look at this product and give you a type of Badger Patriot 105 review. This will help you to decide whether you should purchase the airbrush or not.
- 1 Pros and Cons for the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
- 2 An Overview of the Badger Patriot 105
- 3 How does the Badger Patriot 105 perform?
- 4 Who should use the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush?
- 5 What can you use the Badger Patriot 105 for?
- 6 Using the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
- 7 Maintenance and cleaning your Airbrush
- 8 Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush: Review Conclusion
Pros and Cons for the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
This Badger Patriot 105 is one of the best airbrush gun you can get for those just starting with airbrushing projects. You can use the airbrush for model painting as well as for miniature painting. The airbrush itself is of excellent quality and is designed for ease of use.
Since you do not need years of experience to use the airbrush and the fact that it has some amazing features, you can feel confident in choosing the Badger Patriot 105. If you are still in doubt, Amazon offers numerous favorable reviews for you to read. Let us now have a look at the reasons you should buy the Badger Patriot 105 and maybe just one or two reason why not.
- The new "105-2XR Arrow" is a dual action gravity feed airbrush with a smaller color cup
- Dual action, internal mix, gravity feed, Single needle/nozzle (.75 millimeter)
An Overview of the Badger Patriot 105
Let us have a look at the technical features:
- The entire system comes with a handy case for protection and storage. The case is handy if you want to transport the airbrush with you. Special care should be taken when it comes to the more fragile parts, like the needle, which can be bent.
- There is a tension trigger set to maximum, but this can also be adjusted.
- As mentioned, the needle is long and visible, which helps for doing finer work. You just need to be aware of this and handle the airbrush with care.
- You will find the paint cup cannot be removed and is fixed to the airbrush body. The cup can manage 1/3 of an ounce or 9.45 grams of paint.
- The airbrush is completely made of metal and no plastic parts besides the coverings for the cup and tip.
- The airbrush has a built-in balancing system, making it easy and comfortable to use.
- The nozzle can center itself, making sure everything else is in the right place when using it.
- You can use acrylic as well as enamel paints
How does the Badger Patriot 105 perform?
The airbrush can provide 30 to 35 PSI and can go lower if necessary, to 10 or 15 PSI, for finer work. The airbrush can comfortably be used for many hours due to its balanced design. This makes it great for all kinds of projects or art including:
- Graphic art
- Automotive art
- Body art
Since the cup is fairly large it can better manage larger projects and you won’t have to keep refilling over and over again. For some, the cup may get in the way when doing close work, luckily there is an alternative. When doing close up work, you can use the Badger Air-Brush Co. 105-2XR Patriot Arrow, which has a smaller cup.
When it comes to the spray pattern, you will be able to get anything from a pencil-thin line to a 3-inch spray pattern. This means you can use the airbrush for things like background painting and also do finer more detailed work.
When painting models, you may need to change colors often, which makes the Badger Patriot 105 the perfect choice. You will be able to easily remove the needle, clean it and change colors. Simply use a small amount of thinner and wipe off the paint with a paper towel.
Who should use the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush?
This specific airbrush is great for those just starting with airbrushing. The features provide ease of use and require no experience, to begin with. Its versatility also makes sure you can use it for years to come as you gain more experience.
You can begin immediately with your project; simply add paint and you are set. However, you may need a little time to test things out if you are new. Before starting on your main project, rather use it first on something else you don’t mind throwing out. This way you can become familiar with the airbrush system and how to handle it properly before starting on your main project.
Even if you know your way around an airbrush, the Badger Patriot 105 is still a good choice. Experienced airbrush artists can benefit from all the features offered, apply various paints, and play around with the tension settings. So, you won’t have to purchase a new airbrush every time you want to do something new. The Badger Patriot 105 should last for a long time, even if you are using it every day. Great for beginners, and useful for those wanting to paint smaller items or models.
What can you use the Badger Patriot 105 for?
You can use this airbrush for almost any project from using it to decorate a cake to painting on fabrics. The most ideal application for the airbrush is model painting and painting miniatures.
Why is it ideal for this?
- The needle is small enough to paint finer, more delicate details onto smaller models. You won’t need any other tools to do the job.
- The airbrush is simple and easy to take apart and clean, so you can use it for different purposes.
- Do you have more than one project you are busy with? The Badger Patriot 105 can be used for each of them, as all you need to do is to clean between uses to change any colors.
Keep using the airbrush and you will discover new ways to use it. You only have to take care of the equipment and keep it clean, and you will have an amazing system to paint small items at home without having to use different airbrush systems.
Using the Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
When you are ready to start your airbrush project, first, you should have a look at the settings available on your airbrush. There are a few settings, which help you to customize what you want. As a beginner, before you start on your main project, experiment with the different settings to get a feel of what you can do with the airbrush.
The tension or pressure of your airbrush can reach anything from 30 to 35 PSI (pounds per square inch). You will need to set your airbrush to a lower tension if you want to apply paint to smaller items with finer details. The setting for this would be 10 to 15 PSI. You can play within this range from high to low, to find the setting, you are looking for.
You will find that you can produce various patterns from as wide as three inches to small and pencil thin lines. This means you can take on larger scope projects as well as those detailed projects. When adding paint to the cup, you do not have to take it off and re-attach, as it is permanently fixed onto the airbrush body. Therefore, you can select both enamel and acrylic paint in the numerous colors available. Simply fill the cup and you are ready to go, but it is best to try out various airbrushes before you set your mind on one.
Maintenance and cleaning your Airbrush
As with all things, you have to look after your airbrush if you want it to last. Make sure you maintain, check, and clean your airbrush regularly. The Badger Patriot 105 airbrush needle can easily be cleaned because it has a cut-out handle, unlike many others. The cut-out handle will give you easy access to the knot, which will help you to take out the needle without removing the handle. So, if you have to clean between colors, this makes it easy and quick to do.
Disassembling the Badger Patriot 105 is simple, and assembling is just as easy. The parts only need to be tightened by hand and do not require pliers or other tools to fasten things. When purchasing your airbrush, it should come with instructions showing you in detail where everything goes and how it works. All the parts are displayed in a diagram, so if you lose anything, you will know what to look for. Each part is numbered, so you can order the exact parts if you need to.
Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush: Review Conclusion
This particular airbrush is a quality product that is also affordable. We have discussed how easy it is to clean, take apart and assemble. The airbrush is excellent for those who are just starting with airbrushing, but it is just as useful to the more experienced artist. The airbrush is extremely versatile and can help you complete any number of different projects from small to large.