After you have bought all the materials and started with the acrylic pouring, you should pay attention to a few points. Especially the preparation of the workplace is important in order to be able to pour smoothly and quickly afterwards.
Prepare Your Workplace for Acrylic Pouring
- Since the acrylic paint is liquid, you should definitely protect your workplace with foil, plastic or cardboard. Don’t forget the floor around the workplace.
- You should have your rubber gloves on by now.
- Liquids such as silicone oil or distilled water should ideally be filled into squeeze bottles for easy dosing.
- If some paint goes wrong or your hands have to be cleaned in between, we recommend that you keep some household paper ready.
- Ensure the best possible ventilation of the room (open windows and doors).
Preparing the Painting Ground
Depending on the painting surface, it should be pre-treated with Gesso so that the paint adheres better and the absorbency of the surface can be balanced. The painting base should also be raised slightly so that any paint that flows down does not stick to the side. For this purpose, e.g. cups or discarded drinking glasses can be used, but also wooden strips or similar. It is very important that the base for the painting is in balance so that the cast picture does not change during the drying process. The easiest way to measure this is with a spirit level.
We have created a separate article for you on the subject of “Painting primer for acrylic pouring”.
Provide Easily Accessible Material
As a last step, make available the material you need for the pouring so that you can access it at any time.
- Acrylic paints
- Pouring Medium
- Mug or similar
- wooden spatula
- Distilled Water
- Silicone oil / Hair oil
- Painting knife / scraper
- Torch or hot air hairdryer
Now you are ready to do your first Acrylic Pouring.
Did you like this post? Then we are pleased about your rating.